RN Coder and Clinical Documentation Specialist (KS-AHiser)
Nursing | Richardson, TX | Full Time
RN Coder and Clinical Documentation Specialist
We are currently seeking to find a full-time RN Clinical Documentation Specialist and Coder with solid experience in reviewing codes for medical necessity in Richardson TX. This is a contract that will last until the end of the year, possibly longer.
Our client has an excellent reputation for keeping their employees, which means they offer a very good work environment. The people we place out there absolutely love the environment. The campus is beautiful, and it is in a great location. The hours are 8-5 Mon-Fri; however, our client does offer flexible starting times.
- Evaluate information received from the coding department to ensure medical necessity and coding accuracy.
- Provide reviews for billing, coding, and lowest cost for services pre/post payment
- Utilize medical, contractual, legislative, policy to validate claims submitted
- Conduct research
- Prepare documentation of findings and consult with Medical Directors as needed
- Work closely with multiple teams in various departments
- Registered Nurse (RN) – Texas (active, no restrictions)
- Certified Coding Certification
- CPC-Certified Professional Coder
- CCS-Certified Coding Specialist
- CMC-Certified Medical Coder
- 3 years clinical experience
- 3 years’ experience in claims processing operations and reporting systems, including 2 years’ experience in auditing, or developing computer system reports (preferred)
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.