RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (jtf2900-rv)
Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
We are currently accepting applications for Respiratory Therapist to provide services for the Joint Task Force-Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. We are particularly interested in speaking with qualified persons interested in working the Night Shift.
If you are interested in servicing those that are under served this is the place for you. This is a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Education: Graduate from a respiratory therapist course accredited through the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Certification and Licensure: Board Certified as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Experience: At least continuous one-year experience within the last three-years as a CRT
JOB FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Set up and monitor a variety of complex respiratory equipment
- Assess the cardiopulmonary condition of assigned patients using data acquired through physical examination and respiratory monitoring and diagnostic equipment
- Draw arterial, venous and mixed venous blood samples. Perform airway and tube care on ICU patients. On the basis of patient assessment and analysis of blood gas data, independently make adjustment to ventilator settings. Determine the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered.
- Monitor and interpret values such as pulmonary artery pressure, pulmonary capillary edge pressure, mixed venous oxygen content, and cardiac output for the purpose of reporting patient status and making a recommendation to physicians regarding treatment
- During emergency situations, be part of the “CRASH” team. Will be able to independently insert artificial airway into patient’s trachea to provide controlled breathing
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.