RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (3604-4076-4157-4158opsmgr)
Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
A Respiratory Therapist will assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders. Assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities, including the supervision of respiratory therapy technicians. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures; maintain patient records; and select, assemble, check, and operate equipment. We currently have night shift availability.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Set up and monitor a variety of complex respiratory equipment
- Assess the cardiopulmonary condition of assigned patients using data acquired through physical examination and respiratory monitoring and diagnostic equipment
- Draw arterial, venous and mixed venous blood samples. Perform airway and tube care on ICU patients. On the basis of patient assessment and analysis of blood gas data, independently make adjustment to ventilator settings. Determine the effectiveness and/or need for change in the therapy being administered.
- Monitor and interpret values such as pulmonary artery pressure, pulmonary capillary edge pressure, mixed venous oxygen content, and cardiac output for the purpose of reporting patient status and making a recommendation to physicians regarding treatment
- During emergency situations, be part of the “CRASH” team. Will be able to independently insert artificial airway into patient’s trachea to provide controlled breathing
- Education: Graduate from a respiratory therapist course accredited through the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC)
- Certification and Licensure: Board Certified as a Registered Respiratory Therapist and Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR); Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Experience: At least continuous one-year experience within the last three-years as a CRT
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Must be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members.
- Must be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Must be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Must be a U.S citizen.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.