Researcher I (4611-ap)
Research | Pickerington, OH | Full Time and Contract
Work Location: Pickerington OH
The Researcher I to possess knowledge of operational, mathematical, analytical or statistical research techniques used in problem solving or decision making. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions; use research methods in gathering data; prepare meaningful, concise & accurate reports.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Collects, organizes & analyzes data to be used in planning transportation projects (e.g., bridge construction &/or repair; development of transit systems), in making environmental assessments & justification of natural resource projects, in monitoring sales performance, in planning or improving federally funded manpower services (e.g., Job Training Partnership Act), in policy & program development, or to keep abreast of legal or technical issues affecting agency operations.
- Prepares records & reports related to research projects or test results; reads, interprets & reduces field data charts from micro-computers; prepares correspondence; monitors time schedules; performs clerical tasks (e.g., types, proofs & copies reports; maintains files).
- Assists in planning & development of research goals & projects; calibrates & performs routine maintenance of test equipment; provides information & technical assistance to departmental staff & other agencies or interested parties upon request; attends meetings as assigned related to research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3 courses or 9 mos. exp. in operational, mathematical, analytical &/or statistical techniques used in problem solving or decision making.
- Requires good customer service skills and experience.
- Requires good written and oral communication skills.
- Requires MS office proficiency especially in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and possibly Access.
- Requires report writing skills - ability to prepare meaningful, concise & accurate reports.
- Experience in data collection and processing will be an advantage.
- Requires good computer skills – job requires use of several computer applications.
- Requires good typing skills – 50 words per minute or better.
- Research experience and knowledge of research techniques is desired.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.