Research | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Research Nurse to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with current state nursing licensure.
- Minimum of four (4) years of nursing experience with CPR certification.
- Experience in clinical research setting with protocols and clinical trials.
- Strong diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Knowledge of types of specimens, the timing of collection of specimens, and the special factors which warrant changing usual procedure.
- Experience performing significant independent conduct of clinical research on either a) HIV, or b) vaccines or bedside experience in HIV.
- Professional knowledge of the principles, theories, techniques, and practices ofnursing.
- Knowledge of clinical research with the ability to translate findings into clinical practice.Ability to obtain and record complete health histories, conduct physical assessments, and communicate and interpret data from these or other sources.
- Required to communicate effectively with patients, clinical staff, and physicians, and to interpret clinical data as they relate to the use of HIV vaccines and other emerging and re emerging vaccines.
- Knowledge of all isolation and sterile techniques and the required Universal Precautions necessary when handling human specimens.
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications and computer competency.
- Recruit and follow patients for clinical and basic research studies on HIV vaccines and emerging/re-emerging vaccines.
- Review charts to collect relevant clinical data such as laboratory test results and social background.
- Interview patients to obtain medical history, sexual history, medication history, history of use of substances such as alcohol and recreational drugs, previous HIV related risks factors and history of participation in other clinical research.
- Interpret data, responsible for recognizing results that merit prompt clinical action.
- Perform physical assessments of patients, analyzes trends in patient conditions, and suggests possible alterations in treatment regiments according to research protocols.
- Perform protocol activities such as study drug administration, data collection and submission, patient counseling, and physical assessment.
- Interpret clinical data in terms which may be understood by the patient, as well as, interpretation at a level which is conversant with other health professional including physicians.
- Coordinate and ensure the collection of specimens needed for all studies on patients enrolled in vaccine studies.
- Maintain contact with patients and referring physicians to explain patients conditions and symptoms, interprets results of laboratory tests; discuss the future status of patients who have participated in the study.
- Follow up on patients throughout study to schedule procedures, follow-up examination, transition and admissions.
- Skillfully counsels patients regarding the potential risks of clinical research and obtains informed consent.
- Provide competent HIV Testing & Counseling, and on occasion, deliver HIV Positive results in case of a new HIV Infections.
- Participate in recruitment and outreach activities & contributes to recruitment strategies through innovative ideas.
- Participate and coordinate protocol training and mentors new staff.
- Enter/extract patient information to generate reports.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.