Health Care | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Research Nurse to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with benefits. Hours are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing; two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience with CPR Certification.
- Experience in clinical research setting with protocols and clinical trials.
- Strong diagnostic and clinical skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Complete screening forms and perform general administration of protocol-related tasks such as developing patient schedules, tracking lab results and providing follow up phone calls to subjects or their families.
- Provide expertise in patient care coordination and implementation of protocol requirements during onsite visits.
- Coordinate the collection, processing and handling of research and clinical laboratory samples.
- Oversee the collection and data entry; provide assistance with special procedures focused on mitochondrial, energy or reduction/oxidation redox disorders in affiliation with NHGRI staff.
- Collaborate with the Study Coordinator to enter accurate data on Case Report forms (CRFs) and in CRIS EMR.
- Act as point of contact among lab personnel, families and phlebotomy services to ensure timely acquisition and receipt of locally collected samples.
- Perform data entry in CRIS and SharePoint.
- Provide mentorship to staff nurses in order to ensure complete and competent care for patients with mitochondrial, energy or reduction/oxidation redox disorders on a study drug.
- Collaborate with Study Coordinator and assigned Study Monitor to obtain informed consent/assent as needed.
- Participate in meetings and projects related to the care of patients with mitochondrial, energy or reduction/oxidation redox disorders.
- Provide support to Epi-743 protocols as they start over time.
- Serve as Associate Investigator on clinical protocols.
- Ensure integrity of sensitive patient data in strict compliance with NIH policies.
- Ensure that all aspects of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) are met or exceeded.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.