Research Nurse 2
Nursing | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Research Nurse to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with benefits. Hours are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with current state licensure.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Experience working with special needs pediatric patients.
- Experience with research specimen collection to send to clinical labs outside the NIH or to research collaborators, including completing required requisitions.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, LabMatrix, SharePoint, UDPICS and CTDB.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Provide expertise in patient care coordination and implementation of protocol requirements during onsite visits.
- Oversee the collection, data entry, and assistance with special procedures for patients with congenital disorders of glycosylation, in affiliation with NHGRI personnel.
- Organize and maintain an active referral list and master schedule for planning follow up and new patient admissions.
- Perform data entry in SharePoint, LabMatrix, UDPICS, and CTDB.
- Enter orders and other documentation such as patient education notes into CRIS as required.
- Collaborate with Study Coordinator and other members of the team in obtaining informed consent/assent as needed.
- Coordinate the collection, processing, and handling of research and clinical laboratory samples inside and outside of NIH.
- Assist with professional manuscript and poster development.
- Provide mentorship to staff nurses in order to ensure complete and competent care for patients with congenital disorders of glycosylation.
- Serve as an Associate Investigator on clinical protocols.
- Ensure that all aspects of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) are met or exceeded.
- Ensure integrity of sensitive patient data in strict compliance with NIH privacy policies.
- Participate in meetings and projects related to the care of patients with congenital disorders of glycosylation.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.