Research Assistant II (3352)
Research Assistant II | Houston, TX | Contract
Research Assistant II
Work Location: Houston, TX
The Research Assistant II (RA) will be responsible for assisting to identify patients in the Emergency Department with advanced cancer and poor prognosis either by clinician prediction of survival or through the presence of certain symptoms identified. After the patient is identified, the Research Assistant II will collect specific patient data. The RA will work with the supportive care team on research and education of physicians and nurses. The Research Assistant will work with the assigned Physician in the Emergency Center during the Physician’s 12-hour shifts and will meet with the Physician to discuss research progress. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and you can ask questions at that time.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Enroll study participants Identify advanced cancer patients in the Emergency Department who had one or more of these 3 conditions - patients who presents with symptoms of dyspnea, altered mental status or delirium, or poor performance status
• Approach patients who qualify for the research study and initiate a formal, informed consent process.
• Review clinical charts, and abstract data for the study.
• Manage the regulatory aspects of the study to ensure compliance with regulations and adherence to protocol. Responsible for collection of data on all patients enrolled in the study
• Must be able to keep accurate and complete records of data.
• Submit information on adverse events to IRB and revises consent.
• Tracks protocol related labs, responses and research tests.
• Completes protocol data for manuscript submission.
• Basic computer skills are needed. Should be able to use basic computer programs, Microsoft Excel, database entry
• Carry out the research project Collects and processes - Performs all testing in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Attend protocol meetings with institutional clinical personnel to assure sample collection procedures and forms are fully understood.
• Process samples (e.g. centrifuging to obtain plasma or serum), labels, pipettes and transfers to appropriate containers ultimately storing specimens at specified temperatures.
• Record collections of samples.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with major course works in one of the basic sciences - required
• Master’s degree with major course work in one of the basic sciences - preferred
• Two years of experience in scientific or experimental research work - required
• Ability to use Excel required
• Knowledge of Access, SPSS and R highly preferred, will receive training if not already proficient.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.