Registered Nurse (nc3267ap)
Nursing | Black Mountain, NC | Full Time and Temporary
Black Mountain NC
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses to provide full-time temporary services for a state-operated North Carolina Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Centers specifically designed to provide inpatient treatment, psychiatric stabilization and medical detoxification for individuals with substance use and other co-occurring mental health diagnoses. This position offers competitive pay, generous shift differentials, and an opportunity to enhance and/or gain valuable work experience.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity and others. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Immediate shifts available:
8 hour nights (10:45p-7:15a)—includes every other weekend
8 hour evenings (2:45p-11:15p)—includes every other weekend
12 hour days (6:45a-7:15p)--Includes every other weekend
- Maintain a current nursing license, have an ADN or BSN and meet continuing education requirements for the State of North Carolina
- Maintains current BLS certification through the American Heart Association
- 1-year clinical experience working with the population served at the Facility.
- Adhere to professional nursing principals, procedures, and techniques for patient care and nursing supervision
- Must be proficient in various PC programs
- Must adhere to requirements for safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
- CPI / NCI Training / Certification
JOB FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BE ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Obtain medical histories on patients referring medical problems to the Physician or Mid-Level Provider
- Evaluate healthcare needs of patients and develops nursing care plans
- Identify and manages minor illnesses per established nursing protocols and refers other medical problems to the appropriate medical provider
- Provide group and individual health education to patients
- Ensure medical providers orders are implemented in a timely manner
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.