Registered Nurse – Intermediate (ut1404ob)
Nursing | San Antonio, TX | Full Time and Temporary
REGISTERED NURSE INTERMEDIATE
San Antonio, Texas
We have immediate openings for a Registered Nurse (Intermediate Level Nurse) with Clinical Oncology/Hematology experience.
- Associates Degree with minimum 3 years’ experience of professional nursing experience in Clinical Programs and Services required
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing highly preferred with minimum 1-year experience in clinical Oncology/Hematology preferred
- Current Texas Registered Nurse license required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) Certification preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification required. Prefer Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification preferred
- Current immunizations including Annual PPD, Annual flu shot, Hep B Series, TDAP, MMR, Varicella-Zoster
Assessment of Oncology patient health needs, utilizing specialized knowledge and skills; Discuss patient conditions with Physicians, Clinicians and Nursing Supervisor; Assist in the coordination of treatment and ensuring required authorizations are obtained; Acting as Patient Advocate as needed; Ensure clinic work flow runs smoothly and provide supervision of assigned Medical Assistant; Work closely with Medical Assistant to ensure chart preparation is complete and ready for clinic; Assist with IV’s and accessing CVC if needed; Work closely with assigned Scheduler to ensure referrals, follow-up on appointments and diagnostic tests to ensure they are scheduled according to Medical provider/Mid-level orders. Triage patient calls and work closely with call center team members; Call-in prescriptions and refills as needed for patient care; Assist and arrange for hospital admissions as needed; obtain prior authorizations as needed for medications, diagnostic tests and other medical procedures; follow-up on diagnostic tests, labs and ensure they are reported to the Medical Provider.
Schedule patients for chemotherapy/blood transfusions; provide patients with education on chemotherapy regimens; Assist and ensure consents are obtained for new chemotherapy regimens; ensure chemotherapy/blood transfusion orders are delivered; Attend tumor board per Medical Provider discretion; Cross-cover other nurses as needed.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.