REGISTERED NURSE (ICE1972)
Nursing | Taylor, TX | Full Time
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for full-time Registered Nurses to provide services at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility. If you are interested in servicing those that are under served this is the place for you. The opportunity provides a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience. Competitive pay, PTO, paid holidays, and shift differentials are offered. Come join our Team!
- Maintain a current nursing license, have an ADN or BSN and meet continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in. Must be licensed by a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or territory of the United States.
- Maintains current BLS certification through the American Heart Association
- Adhere to professional nursing principals, procedures, and techniques for patient care and nursing supervision
- Must be proficient in various PC programs
- Medication, administration guidelines, and pharmaceutical agents and their desired and adverse effects in order to recognize untoward effects and take appropriate corrective measures.
- Training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and coworkers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
- Requirements for safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
- Possess the care and responsibility to emergency situations.
- Patient health education skills.
PHYSICAL AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to function in a fast-paced environment
- Must be available to work rotating shifts.
- Must be able to lift objects greater than 30 pounds
- Required to perform CPR standing or kneeling
- Must be able to assist patients in and out of wheelchairs
- Initiates and maintains compliance with IHSC policies for accreditation.
- Provides direct nursing care to detainees.
- Obtains medical histories on detainees; referring medical problems to the physician, or midlevel provider.
- Evaluates health care needs of detainees and develops nursing care plans to meet those needs.
- Provides triage and screening of detainees during sick call. 6.
- Identifies and manages minor illnesses per established nursing protocols and refers other medical problems to the appropriate medical provider.
- Provides group and individual health education to detainees.
- Assists the medical provider with medical appointments by taking the detainees vital signs, documenting in the chart and assisting as necessary.
- Ensures the medical providers orders are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensures that medications prescribed are administered as ordered. When medication orders are signed off, initials are placed next to the order and circled.
- 11. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in administering medication.
- Maintains security when administering medications continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Maintains accuracy of Sharps Log.
- Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Documents all detainee encounters using S.O.A.P. format, followed by the nurse’s signature and name stamp.
- Maintains patient and medical record confidentiality.
- Performs or assists with of emergency treatment of injury or illness to detainees as required.
- Performs orders authorized by the physician, nurse Practitioner, or NAPA.
- Provides nebulizer treatments; inserts indwelling urinary catheters; irrigates indwelling urinary catheters.
- May prepare statistical information, regularly scheduled reports, or special reports as necessary.
- Draws labs as requested and collects laboratory specimens.
- Administers immunizations and reads and documents accordingly.
- Attends general/medical staff meetings.
- Coordinates health care needs of detainees with healthcare team and coordinates referrals to offsite providers as required.
- Assures a safe and clean working environment.
- Provides care for psychiatric patients as indicated.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Responsible for maintenance of medical equipment and quality control of laboratory reagents.
- May serve as medical escort of detainees as needed for domestic/overseas travel.
- Maintains medical supply stock level, restocking as needed.
- May order supplies (lab and other supplies).
- Performs or designates other staff to dispose of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
- May participate in QI Reviews/QA activities.
- Provides daily nursing care as needed in Short Stay Unit (SSU) and notifies physician, or PAJNP of any abnormal findings.
- May serve at other IHSC medical facilities on temporary duty
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.