Registered Nurse Emergency Room (sca-4332-4340)
Nursing | Dallas, TX | Full Time and Temporary
Registered Nurse – Emergency Room
Shifts available 3PM-3AM OR 7PM-7AM
At least 1 year of experience. Specialty areas may have increased experience requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
Graduate of an ACEN or CCNE accredited/state approved program. Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license, BSN preferred
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA).
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification, course accredited by AHA
• Specialty areas may have increased certification/license requirements as dictated by unit or standard of care.
Professional certification in a nursing organization is preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Constant walking, standing, bending, turning, and stooping. Pushing and pulling heavy objects such as patient beds. Must be able to help lift and turn patients. Pass pre-employment physical exam including color blind testing.
Position Reports to:
Nursing Leadership Team
Nursing policies, procedures, clinical pathways and nationally accepted standards of nursing practice. Incorporates ANA standards, into the provision of safe, quality patient care, utilizing current literature, and research. Practices in accordance with our Professional Practice Model – “Relationship Based Care” and delivers care using our Care Delivery System “PACE” - Patient Focused, Accountable, Coordinated and Continuous and Evidence Based.
• Provides appropriate and timely answers and/or education to patients, patient’s families, significant others and/or caregivers. Completes accurate and timely documentation of all education provided including discharge plan of care. Assesses competence, obtains feedback/evaluation of understanding from patient, family, significant others and/or /caregivers. Demonstrates effective communication based on individual patient needs and learning preferences.
• Welcomes and orients patient, family, significant other and/or caregiver to the unit. Encourages patient/family participation in care. Reviews personalized patient plan of care with patient/family every shift. Updates white boards accordingly and sets daily goals with patient input. Explains special diets, tests, procedures and medications in easily understood and appropriate language. Makes hourly rounds on patients and communicates when they will return.
Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
1. Advocate for resources and support that enhance patient safety and unit/hospital based initiatives. Participates in evaluating data to guide decisions regarding unit / department budget formulation and implementation
2. Performs Peer Evaluation to provide constructive feedback to peers regarding performance. Holds co-workers accountable for their behavior and compliance with policies and standards. Actively intervenes when patient safety is at risk.
3. Performance Improvement: Accountable for patient care and quality/safety initiatives (EX: patient safety, patient satisfaction, core measures, infection control). Participates in multidisciplinary quality and practice improvement teams
4. Shares professional and technical information with colleagues and students. Offers self as a resource as needed to others (Ex: preceptor, charge, mentor, unit expert, lends a hand when needed). Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.