REGISTERED NURSE – DIRECT CARE (pa2754-km)
Nursing | Spring City, PA | Full Time
REGISTERED NURSE – DIRECT CARE
Spring City PA
Seeking a qualified Registered Nurse - Direct Care to provide services to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in Spring City PA. The position offers a structured schedule which allows for a great work/life balance all while servicing your local government and making a difference in your community.
Essential Job Functions:
The RN will perform as a Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse, or an Assessment Coordinator providing nursing care and treatment services in a Commonwealth facility for individuals with a mental or physical injury or illness, dysfunctional behavior and/or a developmental disability.
- As a Charge Nurse, the Charge Nurse will direct and coordinate the delivery of nursing care and treatment for individuals in patient or resident care and treatment area(s), ward(s), unit(s) or living area(s), usually on the evening or night shift. Charge Nurse conducts assessments and makes decisions in regard to staff utilization and supplies and equipment needs. Charge Nurse supervises paraprofessional and/or a non-professional nursing direct care personnel assigned to their patient or resident care and treatment area(s), ward(s), unit(s) or living area(s); and ensures that the coordination of services, coverage of services, and maintenance of records is accomplished.
- The Assessment Coordinator develops, implements, and evaluates individualized nursing care and treatment plans for residents; directs, evaluates, and coordinates the delivery of nursing care and treatment with members of the nursing staff and interdisciplinary teams; meets with family and residents to assess residents' condition and completes documentation as required by federal and state regulations.
- The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care and treatment services in a patient or resident care area; or may be responsible for a nursing specialty care area, such as, infection control or quality assurance/improvement/risk management activities.
- Work assignments are received in the form of oral or written instructions and resource exercises independent judgment in the application of professional nursing practices.
- Work is reviewed and evaluated by a Registered Nurse Supervisor, Physician or Dentist through observation, review of reports and conferences for quality and adherence to established standards in the application of professional nursing practices. Work may be administratively reviewed by another professional supervisor.
- Nurses are expected to be competent in the following areas at a minimum but not limited to:
- Airway insertin, first aid, catheter insertion, AED, administering oxygen,, IV therapy, heparin lock insertion and irrigation, medication administration, injections, treatments , vital signs, nursing protocols, participating in the plan of care, ambu bag, audiogram testing, medications, telebinocular testing, universal/standard precautions, catheter care, catheter insertion, perineal care, documentation of IV therapy, heparin lock insertion, and irrigation, initiation and care of tubing, care of a heparin well, parenteral management, secondary medications, use of IV infusion pump, use of manual flow regulator, venipuncture, IM, intradermal, subcutaneous injections, dose calculations, inhalers, oral, suppository, topical medication administration, documentation on a Medication Administration Record, Tuberculin testing, accepting and documentation of orders from licensed practitioner, if within the scope of practice, transcription of orders, O2 mask and O2 nasal usage, peak flow meter usage, pulse oximeter usage, respiratory mask usage, suctioning, restraints, specimen collection, ventilator care, o & p collection, urine dip stick, wound culture, ace wrap, anti-embolic hose, arm sling, binders, CPR, evacu chair, isolation, knee immobilizer, K-Pad application, braces, traction, control of hemorrhage, decubitus care, drains, dressing changes, ear irrigation, EKG, enemas, eye irrigation, eye staining, glucometer usage, hoyer lift technique, jejunostom tube-enteral nutrition, K Pad machine, nasogastric/gastrostomy feedings, nasogastric tube insertion, nasogastric tube irrigation, nebulizer treatment, nephrostomy, neurological checks, ostomy care, suture/removal, vaginal douche, sterile technique, wound care, blood pressure, vital signs, venipuncture, tracheostomy care, full body assessments, including mini mental health status exam, assessing and completing a Plan of Care.
- Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Ability to enter health data for residents into electronic medical records data base.
- Proficient computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.