Clinic | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Registered Nurse to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with current state RN license and current CPR license.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Professional knowledge of nursing care principles, practices and procedures required to assess nursing needs of assigned general medical patients.
- Ability to develop or participate in developing a nursing plan to meet the needs of assigned patients.
- Ability to plan and direct the work of teams.
- Ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and to react swiftly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of medical disorders, the normal course of diseases, anticipated complications, and indicated therapeutic intervention.
- Experience or interest in clinical research.
- Computer skills including Excel and other Microsoft Office Software.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- Perform professional nursing duties in the care of neurological patients; serve as the primary nurse for a specific population of patients.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to patients based on the physicians' medical care plan and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient.
- Develop plans to address patients’ needs; initiate appropriate referrals and provide routine care.
- Mentor staff during patient testing.
- The majority of patient care will take place in the outpatient clinic, however some patients will be seen as inpatients.
- Identify and analyze conditions; respond appropriately to deviations from normal.
- Collaborate with staff to oversee nursing care assignments to various skill levels of professional and nonprofessional personnel (i.e., neurologists, neurophysiologists, and other allied health care and professional staff).
- Prepare patients for surgical and/or diagnostic procedures; closely observe post-operative and seriously ill patients as well as those under therapy for adverse conditions and reactions.
- Schedule patients and return patients and/or patient families phone calls.
- Coordinate the initiation of research study protocol, operating policies and procedures as they pertain to Parkinson’s Disease (PD).
- Manage PD testing; ensure that projects and protocol responsibilities are completed within timelines; manage the availability and allocation of resources related to clinical trials.
- Work with staff on entering and tracking patient data for the Parkinson’s Disease Clinic.
- Work with staff to ensure adherence to protocols and data accountability.
- Attend conferences and seminars and read literature to remain current in infection control and other clinical care information
- Utilize the computer based system (CRIS), receiving examination requisition and retrieving patient information needed for examinations.
- Utilize CTDB computer based system for recording patient data.
- Coordinate the collection and analysis of research data; ensure that all records are complete.
- Maintain equipment and ensure that examining rooms are in sanitary and proper working order.
- Stock the laboratory with necessary supplies; perform inventories of supplies and submits purchase orders to ensure adequate supplies at all times.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment in case of malfunction.
- Maintain current knowledge of infection control guidelines and equipment regulations.
- Maintain logbooks, records and computerized files.
- Archive, retrieve and compile data as requested.
- Collaborate with the staff in the filing and storing of reports and maintenance of record library.
- Schedule testing and clinic appointments; initiate medical records; make admission room reservations.
- Oversee Safety Management of laboratories; act as the Safety Officer for the Section; perform periodic safety checks.
- Maintain laboratory to Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance