Health Care | Baltimore, MD | Full Time
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified Registered Nurse to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position with benefits. Hours are Sunday – Thursday, 40 hours per week (2 pm - 10:30 pm).
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with valid license in the state of Maryland and current CPR certification, ACLS certification preferred but not required at time of employment.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Computer skills equivalent to at least basic Office (MS Word and Excel) and other basic clinical entry computer skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Assess participant’s physiologic condition upon admission, throughout visit and upon discharge.
- Plan, implement, evaluate and document care provided, per protocol requirements and good clinical practice standards.
- Assess patient for follow- up information by phone, written correspondence or email.
- Assist physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Provide cardiac monitoring if indicated.
- Assess, record and report patient reactions to drugs; report study drug adverse reactions to staff.
- Insert and maintain peripheral access intravenous (IV) lines.
- Perform phlebotomy to collect clinical and research blood samples per doctor’s orders and protocol requirements.
- Follow established policies, procedures and regulatory guidelines for proper disposal of biohazard and chemical wastes.
- Implement Quality Control measures.
- Ensure the security of the premises and respond to security issues and breaches.
- Incorporate research protocol requirements into the delivery of care for participants in support of the NIA research efforts, in accordance with standards of NIA Protocol Office and IRB.
- After documented training, perform specialized testing/procedures asper research protocol.
- After documented training in protection of human subject’s research issues and approval of Principal Investigator (PI), obtain informed consent.
- Inform Clinical Nurse Manager and staff of the progress of protocols and the functions of the clinical unit; provide relevant and timely input on pertinent nursing implications for the NIA Research Unit.
- Upon completion of orientation and satisfactory employment, serve as preceptor for new personnel.
- Enter clinical and research data into medical records, case report forms and/or computer systems.
- Attend clinical unit meetings as needed.
- Participate in development and training programs, both internally and externally.
- Provide participant education; instruct participants on computerized testing.
- Perform appropriate action plan in response to emergency situations and/or illness of participants, including direct admissions for participants.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.