Quality Assurance Nurse
Health Care | Washington, DC | Full Time
Quality Assurance Nurse (Washington, DC)
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Nurse (Occupational Health) to work at our client site Federal Occupational Health (FOH) in Washington, DC. FOH is a non-appropriated agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides occupational health and wellness services exclusively to federal employees.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegial environment and work closely with experienced practitioners on a national level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Occupational Health Nursing AND a medical review background.
- Experience in medical review of examination reports, test reports, and reports from personal physicians to determine if an incumbent or applicant meets medical qualification standards. Examples of a medical review background includes the following:
-Case management that includes review of medical records
-Worker’s compensation case management
-Disability case management
- Experience making and justifying medical determinations such as triaging medical records, or reviewing large military medical records.
- Experience in making and justifying medical determinations -Triaging medical records -Review of large military medical records.
- Writing detailed requests for documentation - Placing incumbent employees on restricted/limited duty based on the review of records.
- Knowledge of OSHA hearing requirements and knowledge of interpretation of medical test findings (including spirometry, EKG.)
- Must be detail and result oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Able to deal effectively with customers (internal and external) via oral and written communication.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize and able to problem-solve independently.
- Excellent computer skills (Email, Excel, Word and other advanced features).
- Serves as a liaison between FOH clinics, OSHA managers & employees, and OSHA headquarters.
- Coordinates (for FOH) the mandatory OSHA annual physical exams program for 1300 employees.
- Reviews and ensures clinical and administrative quality assurance of medical records.
- Responsible for monitoring the Interagency Agreements for quality and quantity of services, ease of implementation, and satisfaction of customer (both internally to FOH and externally).
- Acts independently to resolve quality issues regarding the management of the interagency agreement.
- Responsible for responding independently to requests for information from client agency contacts regarding issues including, but not limited to, agreement content, services, schedules, and billing.
- Facilitates communication with FOH and customers.
- Track services provided throughout the country.
- At the direction of FOH, produce customized reports outlining services provided.
- Assist in the development and pricing of interagency agreements, will work with Clinical Fiscal on the pricing of line items and will have the info on other small procurements and will be responsible for the WF spreadsheet.
Must be willing to undergo a federal, criminal and financial background check. Must be a U.S. citizen.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.