Public Health Specialist (2909)
Health Innovations Business Ops Managers | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Public Health Specialist
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
Under the supervision of the Public Health Program Manager, this position will manage the implementation and administration of the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program’s Patient Advocacy Program which will coordinate health care resources for pain patients who abruptly lose their prescribing provider for reasons such as retirement, relocation, license suspension, license revocation, arrest, or unwillingness to prescribe.
We encourage you to apply if this is of interest, and we will reach out to those meeting the skillset and qualifications.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Plan, develop, coordinate and implement program policies and procedures to ensure the Patient Advocate Program goals and objectives are met.
• Supervise and manage the work of the Patient Advocacy Program’s Program Coordinator.
• Identify and collaborate with key stakeholders as necessary for Program implementation.
• Communicate with PA local and state agencies regarding provider license suspensions and revocations, provider arrests, practice closures or other matters as appropriate.
• Collaborate with the Department of Health’s Office of Communications to provide local media outlets with patient resources for the public when notified of any provider license suspensions or revocations, provider arrests, practice closures or other matters as appropriate to the Patient Advocacy Program.
• Review and respond to complex pain patient complaints and inquiries related to care received by the patient’s prescribing provider.
• Other PDMP Patient Advocacy Program activities as assigned.
• Master or Bachelor degree in health, medical or social services related field, or
• A minimum of five years’ experience working in these (or related) fields with health or social services professionals and consumers and administering programs
• Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint skills
• Oral and written communication skills
• Program management skills
• Time skills
• Customer service skills
• Ability to function independently and as a member of a team
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.