Psychiatry | New Castle, DE | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Work Location: New Castle, DE
JOB DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: (These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job- related duties as assigned.)
- This is the first level of psychiatric work responsible for performing the full range of essential functions under the direction of a board-certified psychiatrist.
- Regular contacts are typically with relatives, case providers, medical professional and other interested parties to secure information needed for proper evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Conducts diagnostic interviews and physical examinations to ascertain the physical and mental state of the individual.
- Develops psychiatric diagnostic evaluations.
- Participates as a member of a treatment team comprised of nurses, psychologists and other care providers to develop appropriate treatment plan/discharge plans.
- Administers therapy in accordance with the treatment plan.
- Monitors care and progress of individuals and responses to treatment.
- Provides clinical direction to psychiatric residents and medical students.
- Provides expert testimony or prepares opinions for court.
- Contributes to research efforts.
- Maintains accurate medical records and prepares reports
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of a Delaware Physician M.D. or Delaware Physician D.O. license or eligibility for a Delaware license.
- Possession of a certification as a specialist in psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Three years’ experience in practicing of Psychiatry.
- Must have a waiver (2000) to prescribe suboxone.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.