Psychiatric RN - Developmentally Disabled (ohio3924bb)
Psychiatry | London, OH | Full Time
Psychiatric Registered Nurse for the Developmentally Disabled
STATE OF OHIO
Do you want to make a positive impact in someone’s life? Do you want to serve your community? If so, this is the job for you.
We are currently accepting applications for a Psychiatric – DD Registered Nurse to provide healthcare services.
We seek individuals with knowledge of professional nursing procedures, with knowledge of psychiatric or developmentally disabled nursing and write meaningful concise and accurate reports.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity and others. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires current license as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing
- ADN OR BSN Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Ohio
- Basic Life Support—American Heart Association-Healthcare Provider
- Experience in providing health services to the developmentally disabled
- May require travel to community site under contract with Department of Mental Health.
JOB FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Assesses & evaluates nursing & medical needs of patients who are institutionalized, initiates & directs implementation of nursing care plan, observes, evaluates & records patient behavior, condition & response to medication, treatments & therapeutic activities
- Coordinates clinical & medical appointments
- Provides professional nursing care (i.e., administers medications & treatments as ordered by physician
- Assists with physical examinations, takes & records vital signs
- Assists in feeding & grooming patients when needed
- Responsible for patient/family teaching & responds to emergencies
- Directs delivery of & evaluates psychiatric & nursing care of patients as delivered by lower-level professional & non- professional staff (e.g., LPNs, hospital aides, therapeutic program workers) on assigned shift
- Monitors LPN medication administration, documentation, patient care & operation of medical equipment & assists in orienting & training new nursing services employees
- Prepares & reviews records & reports (e.g., incidents, restraints/seclusions, nursing care plans, shift reports, transfers, admissions & discharges)
- Updates nursing care plans
- Transcribes &/or verifies doctors' orders
- Writes & reviews treatment plans & writes nursing summaries
- Serves as interdisciplinary treatment team member, attends seminars, meetings & conferences & attends, conducts & participates in in-service training sessions/programs
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.