Psychiatric Registered Nurse-Travel (ICE)
Nursing | Chula Vista, CA | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
TRAVEL HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS
An established and successful Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for full time, part-time, and PRN Travel Psychiatric Nurses to provide services in the beautiful city of San Diego, California at an Immigration and Customs Enforcement facility. Travel Healthcare Providers will be offered a competitive travel compensation package. If you are interested in learning more about this great opportunity contact us at 210-366-0033 for additional information.
- Provides direct nursing care to individuals housed in a government facility
- Assigns staff to patient care duties based on patient condition and expertise of staff
- Monitors and oversees staff performance
- Obtains patient history and assesses physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs
- Develops the nursing plan of care and participates in the plan of care with multi-disciplinary team members
- Assesses and identifies high-risk symptoms/behaviors in patients to include suicidal risk, homicidal risk, and verbal and physical acting out
- Assesses patient learning needs, and develops a plan of care based on identified needs
- Coordinates arrangements with custody for emergency patient transfers to local community hospitals
- Safely administers and monitors patient’s response to medications and treatments.
- Perform all other duties assigned, listed in the Statement of Work (SOW), and that is required by law
- The incumbent will be a graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State accrediting agency; BSN or higher degree preferred
- Must be licensed by the State of California
- Maintain current CPR/BLS certification-American Heart Association-Healthcare Provider
- Psychiatric Nursing Certification-Preferred
- Advance Practice Certification- Preferred
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.