Psychiatric Nurse - Developmentally Disabled (OHIO2027)
Nursing | Chillicothe, OH | Temporary
Psychiatric Registered Nurse for the Developmentally Disabled
Do you want to make a positive impact in someone’s life? Do you want to serve your community? If so, this is the job for you. The State of Ohio is seeking experienced nurses to provide services at their State-run facilities. We are seeking individuals with knowledge of professional nursing procedures; psychiatric or developmentally disabled nursing; state and federal regulations, ability to deal with some abstract/concrete variables, write meaningful concise and accurate reports.
- Assess and evaluate nursing and medical needs of patients who are institutionalized
- Implements nursing care plan while observing, evaluating, and recording patient behaviors
- Directs the delivery of and evaluates psychiatric and nursing care of patients as delivered by lower-level professional and non-professional staff
- Prepares and reviews records and reports
- Serves as interdisciplinary treatment team member, attends seminars, meetings, and conferences
- All additional job duties as described in the Position Description that will be provided to all interested candidates for their review
- ADN OR BSN Licensed to practice nursing in the State of Ohio
- Basic Life Support—American Heart Association-Healthcare Provider
- Experience in providing health services to the developmentally disabled
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.