Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Mental Health | El Paso, TX | Contract
InGenesis is sourcing for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner candidates to work for our potential client. In this role, you will perform full range mental health services in accordance with privileges granted by the facility. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Function within the scope of his/her specialty under the clinical oversight of the Chief of Psychiatry, the Clinical Director (or designee), and/or a designated consulting psychiatrist.
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to coordinate mental health patient care, and collaborative duties through scheduled appointments, sick call, or walk-ins.
- Diagnose and treat acute and chronic psychiatric disorders to include providing counseling, support, and prescribing various medications.
- Coordinate off-site care as required.
- Consult with the Clinical Director (or designee), Psychiatrist, and other behavioral health providers for management of complex psychiatric conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program located in the United States the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory. The degree issuing institution and/or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Certification as PMHNP by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Current, full, and unrestricted Registered Nurse and Advanced Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas.
- A minimum of one year of clinical provider experience in direct patient care as a board certified PMHNP.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.