Psychiatric Attendant (ohio2856mz)
Mental Health | Lima, OH | Full Time
STATE OF OHIO
We are currently accepting applications for full-time Psychiatric Assistant(s) to provide services at their state-run healthcare facilities. The position provides a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while working within the state employment system. Make a positive impact on those who need it most.
Join our Team! We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity and others. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
JOB FUNCTIONS (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Provides on-ward security functions over forensic patients or residents of secure-care areas of mental health institution
- Observes and monitors patient behavior such as during meals
- Intervenes during crisis behavior to prevent self-injury or injury to others
- Monitors patients in seclusion
- Conducts searches of patient clothing, individual rooms and ward living areas for dangerous objects
- Prepares reports and/or documentation regarding patient and unit activities
- Formal education in arithmetic that includes addition, subtraction, reading, writing, and common English vocabulary
- High School Graduate OR GED
- Current CPR certification
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.