Program Specialist PA
Business/Health Administration | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time
Prescription Drug Monitoring Office
This full-time position will provide program administration for the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program's (PDMP) Enhanced State Surveillance of Opioid-Involved Morbidity and Mortality (ESOOS) program. This position will work in collaboration with other staff from PDMP who administer this program under the direction of the PDMP Director and PDMP Epidemiologist.
The position will have responsibilities as a data abstractor under agreements awarded to county coroner and medical examiner offices and for obtaining data from coroners and medical examiner (C/ME) offices on opioid related death for input into the Pennsylvania National Violent Death Reporting System (PA-VDRS), State Unintentional Overdose Death Reporting System (SUDORS.)
- Request, collect, review and analyze sensitive detailed opioid-related death data from coroner records, law enforcement reports, autopsy reports and laboratory data which is submitted for inclusion in PA- VDRS/SUDORS.
- Abstracts sensitive information from coroner and law enforcement reports on opioid-involved deaths that occur in targeted counties in Pennsylvania, either through on-site records examination at C/ME and law enforcement offices, or from examination of records provided to the PDMP Office.
- Codes, collects and enters data into web-based PA-VDRS/SUDORS per the national guidelines for these applications.
- Assists in the development of plans, reports and presentations, as necessary, designed to assist
Pennsylvania stakeholders working to address and impact opioid-related overdoses and deaths.
Essential Skills and Functions:
- Data collection, analysis, input and reporting
- Public health program administration
- Ability to travel frequently, including over-night and multiple days:
- Travel to Pennsylvania county C/ME offices on a regular basis.
- Annual travel to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention annual meeting (usually held in Atlanta, Ga.)
- Customer service
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.