Program Specialist - Critical Incident Management
Health Innovations Business Ops Managers | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Program Specialist – Critical Incident Management
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
The Program Specialist for our client will assist in activities related to the critical incident management function of our client’s programs. The Program Specialist is a full-time contract position that will primarily be responsible for data collection and report management required to monitor the effectiveness of the critical incident management performance of Home and Community-Based providers and Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). The Program Specialist will also work with the statewide critical incident management team to ensure that appropriate follow-up actions occur for incidents related to home and community-based waiver services participants and provide support and technical assistance on Adult Protective Services reports of need and follow-up with providers. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Research, review and analyze programmatic reports and data collected from multiple sources to determine overall program effectiveness and to review data for outcomes (as they relate to organizational goals, objectives and benchmarks, and overall program standards).
• Prepare detailed analysis of data in order to develop program objectives, policies, procedures, and standards for critical incident management functions or other statistical data both to support projects as well as on-going management of the program.
• Review electronically submitted critical incidents to ensure that service coordinators are effectively supporting the health and welfare of participants receiving home and community-based services. As necessary, seek additional information and provide technical support to assist Service Coordinators to complete investigations and establish corrective actions. Follow-up with Service Coordinators to ensure they investigate and act upon all components of an incident in a timely manner.
• Provide technical assistance and support for any Report of Need received for a participant in one of the waiver programs serving participants under the age of 60. Provide case management to Service Coordinators to secure appropriate services for participants at risk. Provide guidance in developing an effective plan to identify and address short and long-term risks to participants.
• Attend and participate in team meetings, division and bureau meetings as scheduled.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or related area preferred from an accredited college or university and at least two (2) years’ experience with home and community-based services, long term care services, or support service agencies including policies, procedures, performance measure and data collection.
• Demonstrated ability to complete detailed data analysis and report functions, and proficiency in use of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience in or demonstrable ability to review, collect and document reports to measure the effectiveness of providers to meet OLTL guidelines and expectations around crucial incident management.
• Strong interpersonal skills for working with home and community service providers, people with disabilities and/or aged individuals.
• Demonstrated ability for written and oral communication, training and program development responsibilities.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to details and a demonstrated ability to work independently under general supervision.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.