Program Specialist (3529)
Program Support | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis seeks a Program Specialist to support the Office’s mission of encouraging broad-based health research for the purpose of discovering new scientific knowledge that can be used toward improving the health of all people in Pennsylvania through grant funds to biomedical, clinical and health services research projects by independently managing the writing of Request for Applications, evaluating applications, reviewing reports and providing technical assistance to applicants. If you meet the qualifications for this role, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Prepares the Request for Application and requests document submission for non-competitive grants as the project officer. Follows all required processes for submission, dissemination, documentation of receipt and review of applications.
• Assists in certifying eligibility of institutions, creates applicant spreadsheets, and confirms outcome of review of data for determination of grant awards.
• Provides technical assistance to potential and current applicants to minimize errors.
• Proofreads documents using agency and grammar rules, grant application guidelines and requirements, and state legislation to ensure information is correct, complete, consistent, and adheres to departmental requirements for public review.
• Tracks applications, grant status, audit submissions and grantee reports using spreadsheets to keep the Director and other staff aware of documents in workflow. Monitors the FTP website and the email resource account for submissions, technical assistance and coordination with staff.
• Enforces program requirements with the grant application and reporting process to meet deadlines for grant funding and reporting.
• Evaluates procedures via Lean-QI/PM methods to determine if the procedure is meeting its intended goal.
• Participates in the development of innovative processes and procedures by attending HRO team and QI/PM meetings to enhance the customer-focused value stream.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Possess a documented work history of two (2) or more years of experience performing provider relations, program monitoring, network management, and administration.
• Basic computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Products.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.