Program Manager-Health Information Management (2301)
Document Controller | Bethesda, MD | Contract
Program Manager–Health Information Management
Work Location: Bethesda, MD
Administering the organization’s records management program, including ensuring that the medical records program meets federal, The Joint Commission, and occupational health statutory and regulatory requirements. Supports medical records administration program goals by performing work requiring specialized knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of medical records administration. The work requires the application of analytical methods to medical records system issues, reviews, and studies. Must not only have an understanding and apply basic principles of other sciences such as anatomy and physiology, but must also understand statistics, data processing, budgeting, contracting, procurement, personnel, and property management in order to perform the administrative aspects of medical records management.
• Minimum Education Requirements/Certification/Licensure/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in health information management from a program accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
• Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification required.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a medical records manager in a federal agency.
• Must have considerable knowledge of the specialized principles and practices related to medical records management to test and make recommendations for improving the medical records programs.
• Must demonstrate a mastery of medical records administration to identify, define, and resolve managerial, administrative, and medical records problems associated with unique, undeveloped, or controversial aspects of medical records management.
• Must possess comprehensive knowledge of a range of medical records laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the administration of a medical records program for an agency. This includes the ability to promote agency program goals, delineate the sequence and timing of key program milestones, and establish methods of evaluating program accomplishments.
• Must possess knowledge of the relationships between medical care providing programs and key support functions within a medical organization.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.