Program Manager-Dementia Services Coordinator (pa3798sc)
Medical | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Program Manager-Dementia Services Coordinator
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- The DSC shall coordinate and provide support for the steering committee activities.
- The DSC will facilitate the annual dementia capability needs assessment activities, and assist with the design and distribution of training needs assessments annually.
- Collaborate with Pennsylvania’s Association of Area Agency on Aging’s Long Term Living Training Institute (LTLTI) on an inventory of existing dementia training.
- Work with LTLTI to design and deliver skill enhancement training opportunities: through on-line, webinars, small group sessions, and/or conference enrichment activities.
- Collaborate with the project’s third party evaluator to determine the progress on each of the objectives.
- Assist with creation or update of program materials, manuals, resource guides, etc.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and further develop relationships with state departments and community agencies to promote awareness of Alzheimer's disease and related disorders.
- Serve as the Music & Memory® champion to recruit Area Agencies on Aging to implement this evidenced based/evidence-informed behavior management intervention.
- Serve as a liaison with Music & Memory to ensure their standards and guidelines are implemented in accordance with best practices. These include: identification of certified organizations and centers as “Music & Memory” certified in keeping with branding requirements, program orientation with Music & Memory Regional Director, and completion of required trainings.
- Manage, track, monitor, document and inventory Music and Memory equipment, and report on the disposition of that equipment as required by grant deliverables.
- As directed, provide regular updates to project partners, the aging and disability network, as well as other interested groups.
- Gather all information and data necessary to complete all reports required by ACL.
- Track and report progress on implementation of the grant objectives.
- Coordinate development of training modules for Dementia Capable Person Centered Counseling with the ADRC
- Bachelor’s degree
- Plus three years of experience in volunteer development, community collaboration, community health outreach, and Alzheimer's disease preferred.
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of programs as well as project management experience.
- Proficient user of personal computer, Microsoft software applications, Google suite required; familiarity with donor software systems preferred.
- Must possess valid driver's license, access to a reliable vehicle, and proof of valid automobile insurance.
- Self-starter, able to work with little supervision; highly motivated, detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- This position requires professional composure, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, creative thinking, and a passion for the mission.
- Experience executing projects to reach and exceed ambitious goals.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
- Interest and ease in working with corporations and constituents, including public speaking.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.