Primary Care Physician – NDC (pa3098rv)
Medical | Harrisburg, PA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Primary Care Physician – NDC
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Resource will provide utilization and quality reviews of services for the department.
- Resource will conduct prospective, concurrent and retrospective review of any assigned adult and pediatric inpatient and outpatient medical cases covered by the Department including, but not limited to: inpatient admissions procedures performed in a physician's office,
- Short Procedure Unit or Ambulatory Surgical Center; home health services, medical supplies, and/or diagnostic studies or procedures.
- Resource shall be responsible for making determinations regarding the medical necessity, place of service, appropriateness, compensability, and/or quality of care of services prescribed for and provided to Medicaid recipients.
- It will be the Resource's responsibility to review all requests thoroughly and make a qualified determination in accordance with Medical Assistance regulations and criteria. Depending on the type of case reviewed,
- Resource will be required to compile case findings, prepare summaries of case findings; make recommendations for case disposition, identify program violations; prepare appealed cases for hearings; and/or be available to testify at administrative hearings for cases under appeal.
- The Resource will submit the above information to the Department using formats specified by each individual Bureau.
- Resource, when requested, will assist in the development of in-house training programs, medically necessary criteria, and quality of care indicators.
- Resource may be asked to help the Department in determining if any changes should be made to criteria or regulations to better serve Medical.
- Be board certified in family practice medicine.
- Possess an active Pennsylvania medical license. If feasible, be in active clinical practice in the area in which the Resource is board certified at least sixteen (16) hours per month.
- Demonstrate an understanding of utilization review processes.
- Basic computer skills to include, but not limited, to Microsoft Office Products.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by la