Facility | San Diego, CA | Full Time
Seeking a full time Physicians Assistant
The incumbent serves as a Physician Assistant for the Medical Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 1. Initiates and maintains compliance facility
- 2. 3. Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the Protocols for Physician Assistants.
- 4. Performs medical histories on patients entering the facility and completes necessary paperwork for each.
- 5. Performs physical examinations on patients which may include such procedures as pap smears, pelvic exams, EKGs, and/or neurological exams.
- 6. Evaluates and provides care to patients with medical appointments, on sick call, or who are walk-ins.
- 7. Provides emergency and First Aid treatment including suturing, when required on patient.
- 8. Performs minor surgical procedures.
- 9. Reviews/reevaluates weekly or as necessary, those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
- 10. Carries out orders authorized by the physician.
- 11. Reads PPDs and provides Direct Observation Therapy (DOT) of INH/B6 to those detainees requiring it
- 12. Provides relevant patient health education to detainees verbally and/or with handouts.
- Documentation of this is reflected in the Progress Notes.
- 13. Documents all detainee contacts.
- 14. Documents using S.O.A.P. format, followed by the PA's signature and name stamp.
- 15. Documents medical/psychiatric problems on the Problem List in the patients chart and initiates a plan of treatment.
- 16. Coordinates health care needs of detainees with other staff members and coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
- 17. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies.
- 18. Maintains patient confidentiality and confidentiality of medical records.
- 19. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics when prescribing and dispensing medication.
- 20. Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees.
- 21. Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- 22. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- 23. Assists in the disposal of biologically hazardous wastes on a regular basis.
- 24. Takes blood, urine specimens, sputum samples, etc. and performs laboratory analysis for early detection of communicable or other diseases.
- 25. Interprets selected laboratory findings.
- 26. Takes direct and indirect action to isolate and quarantine cases and provide health safety and treatment for all employees and patients at the facility when contagious diseases or chronic health problems are evident.
- 27. Assists in maintenance of medical equipment and quality control of laboratory reagents.
- 28. Attends general/medical staff meetings.
- 29. Participates in QA/1 activities as assigned.
- 30. May assist in maintaining medical supply stock level, restocking as needed. May order supplies (lab and
- 31. 33. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 1. The incumbent maintains a current Physician Assistant license, and meets continuing education requirements for the State(s) licensed in.
- 2. The incumbent must be licensed by a State, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or
- a territory of the United States.
- 3. Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques to patient care.
- 4. Alertness and skill in providing care and reacting to emergency situations.
- 5. Knowledge of training methods and sufficient interpersonal skills to develop a rapport with patients and co-
- workers during which instructional and educational information is presented.
- 6. Knowledge of and participation in established clinic and NCCHC requirements on safety, infection control, quality assurance, maintenance of records of patients seen, statistical information gathering, etc.
- 7. Practical knowledge of laboratory procedures and guidelines; skill in collecting a variety of samples.
- 8. Knowledge of supply requisition procedure and ability to complete requests for equipment repair and maintenance.
- 9. Maintain current CPPR certification.
- 10. The incumbent must have a minimum of 6 months clinical provider experience in direct patient care
Please contact Wendee Williams to discuss salary and benefit package information.
InGenesis supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.