Phlebotomist | Decatur, GA | Contract
Work Location: Decatur, GA
The Phlebotomist collects blood samples, performs bedside lab testing and processes body fluids from patients. In this role, the Phlebotomist will impact patient care in assigned department through the production of analytical data on patient specimens. If you meet the qualifications, please apply and a Recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Demonstrates competency in performing routine venipuncture, finger stick, arterial blood collections and obtaining blood directly from patient catheters.
• Collects and maintains patient samples for analysis in the laboratory.
• Processes, prepares and aliquots specimens for testing.
• Notes information on collection records.
• Remains knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and protocols.
• Assures that productivity is adequate to meet the demands of the section’s workload.
• Instructs patient of phlebotomy procedure.
• Manipulates blood collecting, processing and component equipment to acquire blood specimens while assuring that needle remains in place.
• Delivers and collects various documents and specimens in a timely manner.
• Performs all testing in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or GED
• Prefers an Associate's degree from a Medical Laboratory Technician Program or completion of a specialized phlebotomy training program.
• Phlebotomy certification from the American Society of Clinical Pathologist Board of Registry (BOR), American Certification Agency (ACA)
• One-year experience as a Phlebotomist preferably in a Hospital setting.
• Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
• Current TB skin test.
• Current Flu immunization.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.