Pharmacy Technician (DEL2282-cc)
Pharmacy Technician | New Castle, DE | Full Time
Certified Pharmacy Technician
New Castle DE
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time CERTIFIED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN to provide services for the State of Delaware located in New Castle DE. The position offers a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience. . If this is of interest, we encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have. Come join our Team!
This position requires knowledge in pharmaceuticals, clinical skills as well as interest in analyzing large data sets. The Pharmacy Technician would work with various vendors, DMMA teams and directly support the Pharmacy Director. The position incorporates a wide range of duties and responsibilities; such as policy, appeal, rebates, audits and communication.
- Will provide telephonic, electronic and administrative support for the DMMA Pharmacy Department to members, pharmacy providers, prescribing clinicians, DMMA Contractors and internal staff.
- Will serve as a point of contact for the DMMA MCO and leaders team in the absence of the pharmacy director
- Will work closed with the MCO pharmacy teams to resolve issues related to any aspect of the program, such as appeals, PDL status and explanation of DMMA policy.
- Will compile the weekly, monthly and quarterly pharmacy reports that require monitoring.
- Will assist SUR auditors upon request.
- Will coordinate, attend, take & distribute minutes for all DMMA pharmacy meetings.
- Will identify, monitor, resolve and track all pharmacy issues
- Is knowledgeable of the pharmacy federal and state regulations.
- Will escalates urgent issues to the pharmacy director.
- Will represent the DMMA Program professionally internally and externally at all times
- Will assist with simple queries in both the BIAR and Data warehouse systems.
- Will perform other duties as required.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certificate.
- Minimum of 3-year experience in pharmacy administration at an insurer or a pharmacy benefit manager, preferred, will accept 5 years of either hospital, retail or long-term care pharmacy.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be familiar with pharmacy terminology, drug names, brand & generic, pharmacy billing, processing and prior authorization procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Interested in learning data query software
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.