Pharmacy Care Coordinator
Pharmacy Technician | Frisco, TX | Full Time
We have a unique opportunity available for a Pharmacy Care Coordinator to join our client located in Frisco, TX!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the patients advocate to ensure that the prescribed drug therapy and pharmacy care plan are followed as prescribed and also meet the medical, social and personal needs of the patient.
- Assists the patient by coordinating their prescribed pharmacy care with the patient’s health care providers, payers, and other health related resources.
- Promotes drug compliance, reports all adverse events related to drug therapy and pharmacy care.
- Establishes and maintains strong customer relationships with physician practices to streamline communication to the patient, payers, pharmacist, nurse, lab and other healthcare related parties.
- Answers and resolves patient inquiries within committed time frames.
- Troubleshoots and resolves patient and payer issues in a timely fashion.
- Reports all adverse events related to drug therapy and pharmacy care.
- Coordinates responses and resolutions with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Maintains current notes and documentation related to patient's drug therapy and pharmacy care plan; flags issues that need to be addressed.
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Current/active Pharmacy Technician License
- Flexibility to adapt to changing environment necessary.
- Good organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent phone etiquette skills and ability to interact professionally with others.
- Must maintain confidentiality on all patient health information.
- Good typing skills/data entry and computer knowledge (MS Office).
- Ability to have flexibility with work shift schedule.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.