Pharmacist | Pittsburgh, PA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Work Location: Pittsburgh, PA
This is professional pharmaceutical work of a staff or clinical nature at a state-operated facility. A resource compounds and dispenses physicians' prescriptions, including a variety of ointments, powders, solutions, medicines, drugs, and other pharmaceutical supplies used in the facility.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Work includes the filling of ward requisitions for narcotics, solutions and drug supplies, and the maintenance of accurate records of narcotics, depressant and stimulant drugs and alcohol dispensed.
- Resources review the medication records of patients and report potential adverse drug interactions.
- Work may include participating with doctors, nurses and other professional personnel as a member of an inter-disciplinary treatment team charged with the responsibility of developing a comprehensive treatment plan for each patient/resident at the facility.
- The resource may direct the work of pharmacy assistants and custodial or non-technical personnel. Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher-level pharmacist who reviews work periodically for accuracy and adherence to facility policies and procedures and professional standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a license to practice pharmacy as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Pharmacy.
- Basic computer skills to include, but not limited, to Microsoft Office Products.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.