Perioperative Inventory Technician (3275)
Hospital Services | Houston, TX | Contract
Perioperative Inventory Technician
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis seeks a Perioperative Inventory Technician to work in the direct patient care area. In this role, the qualifying candidate will support the distribution of materials in Perioperative Enterprise. This position is a temporary assignment approximately 3-months with 2-shifts available (1st and 2nd shift). If you meet the qualifications for this position, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and at that time you can ask any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Pull supplies for procedure-based case carts with 99.5% accuracy:
o Verify that items being picked match items on pick sheet
o If an item is out of stock in the bin location, locate from another source
o Validate case cart by signing pick sheet
o Push completed case cart to cart staging area
• Process Return Supplies and Expirations Process returned supplies, placing then into proper bin location.
• Bi monthly verifies assigned product expirations and documenting in expiration log book.
• Other Respond to individual supply request within 3 minutes, in a courteous and professional manner
• Replenishes Hold Area with stockings and sleeves.
• Follows inventory replenishment procedures of first in first out with overflow inventory then bulk into the lowest unit of measure.
• Go to other hospitals or materials management to retrieve urgent patient care supplies.
• Provides after hour coverage for late cases.
• Identify and report any inventory problems or discrepancies.
• Available for call after hours and weekends.
• Assist with annual supply inventory preparation and physical count.
• Participate in staff meetings and in-services.
• Provide additional coverage for other shifts as required.
• Break down and dispose of boxes and trash properly.
• Participates in continuing education.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• Preferred Certification: Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP)
• Experience: Two years relevant work experience.
• Preferred Experience: Two years of work experience at MD Anderson Cancer Center.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.