Payment Applications Specialist I (1683)
Financial Clearing Associate | Dallas, TX | Contract
Payment Applications Specialist I
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Works under general supervision and is responsible for the accuracy of facts and/or figures posted to patients, company and suspended and/or pending accounts. Researches and investigates accounts when posting payments from patients, insurance companies, government insurance and other third-party carriers. Ability to read and understand an EOB (Explanation of Benefits) received from various insurance carriers, post monies to patients accounts accurately and by use of an EOB (Explanation of Benefits), ten key, and data entry, ability to reconcile all batches posted and identify and discrepancies if needed.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Posts payments received from insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, patients, etc., to invoices which may involve: a) Research any payment application problems; b) Verifying all documents received; c) Takes appropriate corrective action including contacting insurance companies, patients and/or other insurance carriers to resolve questions to which invoice a payment should be posted; d) Updating the Financial Status Classification (FSC) of a patient; e) Preparing journal vouchers and f) Generating invoices.
• Analyzes automatic processes for correctness and posts all edits and rejects as required. Interacts with Supervisor and Group Leader in assuring data is accurate and submitted in accordance with processing deadlines.
• Posts rejected and pre-post edits manually for payments received electronically with knowledge of electronic positing and reconciliation process.
• Researches problem accounts in order to properly post payments. Elevates appropriate posting issues to Group Leader or Supervisor.
• Balances all batches and resolves discrepancies.
• Proper posting of critical company accounts, transplant, research, and complex IA accounts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of hospital/medical office payment posting or bookkeeping experience
• Knowledge of FSA, EOB, and 835 processing
• Experienced with insurance and/or patient payment posting
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Accuracy skills must be demonstrated for both keyboarding and 10-key
• Work requires use of considerable judgment in application of procedures, nursing assessment techniques, practices, and policies to work problems, organization, and administration of research or outpatient clinic.
• Work requires frequent contact with physicians, residents, fellows, allied health personnel, affiliated institutions, and other medical and/or non-medical office support personnel to facilitate patient care and research data collection.
• Work requires the determination of methods or approaches to work problems.
• Work requires ability to interpret and comprehend Explanation of Benefits (EOB) received from insurance carriers.
• Work requires skill to enter data with extreme accuracy in standard office machines such as adding machines, computers, calculators, etc.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.