Patient Coordinator - 2105
Medical Administrative | Bethesda, MD | Full Time
Patient Coordinator - National Institute of Health
InGenesis, Inc. is seeking a highly qualified and talented Patient Coordinator to work at our client site the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD. This is a full-time position, Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline.
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and manage workload efficiently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 265, Excel, and powerpoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Friendly, positive attitude, willing to assist where/when needed
- Process electronic and paper pre-admits for adult and pediatric inpatient and outpatient admissions.
- Process Admission, Travel and Voucher (ATV form) for adult and pediatric admissions.
- Schedule pediatric and adult clinic appointments via Enterprise Scheduling System.
- Send confirmation letters for all scheduled admissions.
- Maintain Nurshare Driver for NICHD patient admissions.
- Maintain, update and distribute the weekly projected listing of scheduled patient admissions.
- Maintain, update and distribute the monthly On-Call/Endo and GYN and Nursing unit schedules.
- Communicate with the hospital operator to update all call schedules.
- Maintain Safra Lodge, Children’s Inn and hotel information in the electronic Cost Tracker System.
- Direct bill hotel authorization.
- Schedule conference rooms.
- Respond to inquiries concerning patient travel and admissions.
- Request patient charts for monthly reviews; work with staff on reviews.
- Work with staff on researching, compiling and preparing reports, correspondence and other required information; combine, copy, sort and file documents according to defined procedures.
- Work with staff to document and maintain statistical data for department.
- Work with staff to resolve patient complaints or issues; answer patient questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Follow all safety and infection control policies and procedures; participate in FTS quality improvement activities.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance Plans
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition or pregnancy. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume that details their education and professional experience specific to this job description. All requirements must be met for consideration to be given.
InGenesis supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.