Patient Access Representative (5025)
Customer Service Assistant | Cypress, TX | Contract
Patient Access Representative
Work Location: Cypress, TX
InGenesis seeks a Patient Access Representative to ensure medical necessity compliance, verify eligibility, and post payments. The right candidate for this position will be skilled in multi-tasking and typing/keyboarding. This is a part-time position. If you meet the qualifications and are ready to join our expanding team, please apply!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
• May schedule patient appointments and enter required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
• Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
• Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
• Collects patient liability, establishes payment arrangements, discusses payment options and screens for eligibility.
• Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and ensures all notifications and authorizations are completed within the required timeframes.
• Posts payments in the computer system and generates the appropriate patient receipts.
• Communicates in an effective and professional manner.
• Completes thorough and accurate documentation.
• Adheres to all university policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
• Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of experience in a hospital or medical business office setting.
• Experience in call centers or direct customer service, preferred.
• Basic knowledge of insurance plans, preferred.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.