Paralegal – Legal Assistant I (4696-rv)
Paralegal-Legal Assistsant | Toledo, OH | Part Time, Contract, and Temp to Perm
Paralegal – Legal Assistant I
Work Location: Toledo OH
Will work under general supervision and requires working knowledge of legal research and analysis, laws and rules applicable to assigned department's operations in order to review corporate filings or student loan bankruptcies or prepare responses to inquiries, complaints, claims or legal and/or administrative procedural issues and prepare various legal and related materials for review, approval, signature and/or use by licensed attorney. To assist with gathering, reviewing and redacting public record requests, legal requests and legal counsel requests. The position would be a part time position, approximately 20 hours per week.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
- Researches federal and/or state statutes, recorded judicial decisions and other legal sources and reference materials in order to review corporate filings or student loan bankruptcies or prepare responses to inquiries, complaints, claims or legal/administrative procedural issues to assist departmental attorney.
- Drafts legal briefs and memoranda, contracts, pleadings, motions, affidavits, legislation, rules and/or regulations and/or prepares case summaries, legal documents and reports for review, approval and signature of and/or use by licensed attorney; reviews leases and/or contracts; negotiates settlements; files legal documents with court on behalf of attorney; responds to general inquiries; disseminates information on promulgation of administrative rules; schedules hearings pursuant to chapter 119 of revised code.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of certification program for paralegal or legal assistant OR
- 12 months law school training OR
- Equivalent of Minimum Class Qualification for Employment noted above.
- May require travel
- Knowledge of court filing procedures; legal communication; rules of evidence
- Ability to use proper research methods in gathering data; deal with many variables and determine recommended specific course of action; prepare legal/procedural materials and related information for review, approval and signature and/or use attorney; handle sensitive and routine inquiries from and contacts with public, legal personnel, business officials and/or clients
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.