ORTHOPEDIC TECHNICIAN (class2441-tl)
Orthopedic | Oklahoma City, OK | Full Time
Oklahoma City OK
Join our Team and make a difference in your community. We encourage you to apply and discover more about this opportunity. Upon applying, we will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
- Education. Shall have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program, must have a current specialty area certificate from an accredited national, state or military trained equivalent school, and show the ability to perform position duties.
- Experience. Shall have at least 12 months experience within the past 24 months
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Screen and check-in patients and escorts patients to treatment areas.
- Accurately prepare room & patient for examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
- Take, monitor and record physiological measurements.
- Triage urgent needs.
- Assist with medical treatment, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per treatment protocols.
- Prepare and administer medications under the supervision of a nurse or health care provider.
- Chaperone patients.
- Assemble, maintain, and operate medical, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
- Maintain or assist with appropriate and accurate health record storage and retrieval systems
- Provide patient/parent education as requested.
- Perform or assist with the performance of specialized testing and examinations.
- Assist with routine and emergency orthopedic procedures.
- Upon completion of procedures and examinations, properly clean and organize room and perform any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by departmental policies and procedures and standards.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Provide patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
- Prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established standards, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only company-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
- Assist with/perform patient screening within family health and general surgery section to include blood pressure, pulse, oxygen saturation, respirations, temperature, height and weight.
- Maintain treatment room cleanliness and stocking supplies in preparation for patient encounters.
- Provide administrative support to other sections within family health and general surgery section to include: answering phones, filing records, and scheduling patients.
- Chaperone for sensitive patient examinations.
- Document patient history in electron ic medical record including past surgeries, family medical history, medications, allergies and mandatory health questions.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.