Orthopedic | Dallas, TX | Full Time
A successful and established Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time Orthopedic Technician to provide services at a premier medical facility in the Richardson, Texas area.
Under the direction of the Orthopedic Surgeon, the Orthopedic Technician will provide orthopedic services to patients. Candidates will be required to take an online exam to reflect their casting knowledge. This is a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience.
- Escorts or transports patients to exam rooms or treatment rooms, or other areas as directed.
- Documents completion of patient care tasks in medical records and reinforces education provided by the physician or nurse seeking assistance from the nurse or physician as appropriate; confirms appropriate patient consent and authorization forms are authorization forms are signed for research and medical treatment.
- Apply, adjust and remove casts; instructs patient in proper care of cast.
- Remove sutures, staples, Steinman pins and K-wires.
- Change dressing and care for wounds.
- Assist Orthopedic Surgeon in reduction of fractures.
- Measure and fit patients for braces and other orthopedic devices.
- Write standard admitting and pre-op instructions for patients having surgery; instruct patient in pre and post-operative care.
- Assist in making follow up appointments and consultation appointments with other specialists for patients.
- Clean and stock patient exam and treatment rooms.
- Order orthopedic equipment and supplies.
- Duties performed may include one or more of the following core functions: (a) Directly interacting with or caring for patients; (b) Directly interacting with or caring for human-subjects research participants; (c) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting patient records (including patient financial records); or (d) Regularly maintaining, modifying, releasing or similarly affecting human-subjects research records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of experience as an Orthopedic Technician. Certification as an Orthopedic Technician required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Work requires good interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills.
- Work requires ability to read, write, and perform mathematical calculations.
- Work requires ability to utilize technical skills for fitting patients accurately with the type and size of brace or splint needed to produce optimal outcomes.
- Work requires ability to maintain a clean and serviceable work environment to enhance patient care.