Operating Room Technician III (3159)
Surgical Technician | Dallas, TX | Contract
Operating Room Technician III
Work Location: Dallas, TX
Assist Medical Staff during surgical procedures. Help transport/position patients in the Operating Room (OR). Assist the OR Medical Staff with sterile gown/scrubbing procedure and by handing OR Medical Staff the supplies and instruments needed. Responsible for set-up and maintenance of a sterile operating room environment. Ensure the patient has the best possible care throughout the surgery.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Assist the RN circulator with preparing the operating room for the arrival of the patient. Maintain ongoing communication with RN circulator regarding the surgical procedure and patient status.
• Select, inspect, and open surgical supplies and equipment in a timely manner according to the physician's preference list.
• Properly perform a surgical hand scrub and gown self and others.
• Create and maintain a sterile field with the essential surgical supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure in a timely, functional, and organized manner. Maintain high standards of aseptic technique during surgical procedure. Takes corrective action for breaks in aseptic technique.
• Ensure patient safety by checking all equipment for proper working order prior to the surgical procedure.
• Perform sponge, sharps, and formal/inventory instrument counts with the RN circulator at proper count intervals.
• Properly pass surgical instruments and anticipate surgeon's needs during the surgical procedure.
• Clean and prepare surgical instruments for terminal sterilization. Assist with operating room turnover.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Surgical Technologist Certification
• New graduate to one (0-1) years’ experience with knowledge of general surgical procedures, able to operate basic/standard Operating Room equipment, and must have Robotics experience
• Current BCLS certified by AHA
• Current ACLS certified by AHA
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.