Occupational Health & Wellness Nurse Coordinator (foh1872sc)
Occupational Health | Washington, DC | Full Time
Occupational Health & Wellness Nurse Coordinator
We are currently accepting applications for an Occupational Health & Wellness Nurse Coordinator to provide services to Federal Occupational Health in Washington, DC.
We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays. Our aim is to help you find valuable employment in the area of healthcare. We focus on placing healthcare professionals in their chosen field and focus our placement efforts as a huge responsibility and rewarding profession.
We encourage you to Join Our Team and apply! Upon applying and meeting the qualifications, we will reach out to you and answer any further questions you may have about this opportunity.
The Nurse Coordinator is instrumental in assisting the implementation of occupational programs and protocols. The incumbent will liaison with staff from Human Resources (HR), in reviewing medical documentation submitted to HR or the Office of the Legal Advisor (L) which are reviewed in the context of a request, such as a Reasonable Accommodation.
- A BSN Degree and RN licensure is required.
- Candidate must possess at least 24 months of professional nursing experience in Occupational Health or Case Management.
- Current State Nursing license as a professional Registered Nurse.
- Expert knowledge of safety and occupational health concepts, principles, laws, regulations and precedent decisions to analyze and assess occupational health and wellness programs.
- Experience with case management issues and working with individuals with Reasonable Accommodation issues and other HR issues.
- Selected candidate should possess knowledge sufficient to serve as a technical authority in the interpretation and application of occupational health policies.
- The ability to be diplomatic and tactful both verbally and in writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional nursing principles and procedures and registration to practice.
- Candidate must be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly in verbal and written form.
- Candidate must have proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft programs.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.