Clinic | Washington, DC | Full Time
Occupational Health & Wellness Nurse Coordinator
InGenesis is accepting applications for an Occupational Health & Wellness Nurse Coordinator to provide services to Federal Occupational Health in Washington, DC. The Nurse Coordinator is instrumental in assisting the implementation of occupational programs and protocols. The incumbent will liaison with staff from Human Resources (HR), in reviewing medical documentation submitted to HR or the Office of the Legal Advisor which are reviewed in the context of a request, such as a Reasonable Accommodation. This is a great opportunity to gain and/or enhance valuable work experience while networking with the Federal Occupational Health employment system.
- A BSN Degree and RN licensure is required.
- Candidate must possess at least 24 months of professional nursing experience in Occupational Health or Case Management.
- Current State Nursing license as a professional Registered Nurse.
- Expert knowledge of safety and occupational health concepts, principles, laws, regulations and precedent decisions to analyze and assess occupational health and wellness programs.
- Experience with case management issues and working with individuals with Reasonable Accommodation issues and other HR issues.
- Selected candidate should possess knowledge sufficient to serve as a technical authority in the interpretation and application of occupational health policies.
- The ability to be diplomatic and tactful both verbally and in writing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of professional nursing principles and procedures and registration to practice.
- Candidate must be able to express thoughts and ideas clearly in verbal and written form.
- Candidate must have proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft programs.
- Assist in the implementation of comprehensive protocols, programs and procedures for the delivery of specialized occupational and wellness health services for domestic and overseas locations.
- Provides limited technical guidance and assistance on diverse, complex hazardous conditions in widely distributed geographic locations that require specialized occupational safety and wellness approaches. These services are primarily policy based without clinical patient responsibilities.
- Assist in determining the impact on service personnel relating to occupational exposures, environmental and public health concerns.
- Serve as an occupational nursing liaison to overseas health units in carrying out occupational medicine support activities along with the occupational medicine staff.
- Supports the primary liaison with HR, the Office of the Legal Advisor or others in the Department on review of the medical issues regarding Reasonable Accommodation issues.
- Assist in the formulation, revision and implementation of policies, procedures and best practices in accomplishing our program goals and objectives in accordance with Federal, State and local laws i.e., Occupational Safety Health Administration (OSHA) Act of 1970 – OSHA. This also includes the medical aspects of Workmen's Compensation matters.
- Assist the nursing liaison on agency specific occupational health related matters.
- Assist in the evaluation and the administration of comprehensive occupational health programs, services and capabilities for agency personnel in the work environment which includes both field operations and administrative sites.
- Additional duties as assigned.
If interested, please respond to posting.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
Learn more at www.ingenesis.com.
InGenesis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.