NURSE CASE MANAGER
Health Care | Bloomington, MN | Full Time
NURSE CASE MANAGER
CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION
A successful and established Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications on behalf of our client, Federal Occupational Health (FOH). FOH is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that provides occupational health and wellness services exclusively to federal employees. A great opportunity to enhance and gain valuable work experience within the federal employment system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or related field.
- Three (3) years experience in worker’s compensation or related field of medical employability.
- Must be familiar with Americans with Disabilities Act Guidelines.
- Must possess one of the following: Certification in Case Management (CCM), Certified Rehab Nurse (CRN), or Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN).
SPECIFIC TASKS: (may include but not limited to):
- Provides consultative assistance for Federal agencies to facilitate and integrate the assessment, management, and prevention of medically based lost-time. This includes policy and program development in areas such as early intervention, limited/light duty, and job analysis. Conducts workers' compensation file reviews on lost-time cases, highest annual costs cases, and illness claims (CA2). The file reviews will result in a report identifying the trends, problems and recommendations to the agency.
- Assesses data management information systems or manual methods of documenting injuries and case management. CV demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills while interviewing various agency employees, managers, health care providers, and Occupational Workers' Compensation Program (OWCP) personnel.
- May also assist FOHS in developing policies and guidelines around Injury Prevention and Disease Management program.
- Additional duties as outlined in the Position Description provided to interested candidate for review