Medical Record Coordinator (3441)
Clerk-Associate | Dallas, TX | Contract
Medical Records Coordinator
Work Location: Dallas, TX
InGenesis seeks a Medical Records Coordinator (MRC). In this role, the MRC will provide clerical duties which includes filing, data entry and tracking orders. Performing at a high level may possibly turn this opportunity to becoming a permanent employee. If you meet the skill set and requirements for this position, please apply and a recruiter will reach out to you and answer any questions you may have.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• File all patient documentation in their medical record in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Track physician orders. Resend/refax when orders not received in a timely basis.
• Data entry of daily visits. From Daily Visit Record, enter daily visits for all disciplines. Print daily statistics and turn in to Supervisor.
• Maintain inventory of nursing packets (i.e., admission packets, discharge packets, etc.), forms, and office supplies. On a bi-weekly basis, inventory forms and office supplies
• Answer telephones in professional voice, route calls to correct personnel, take messages as needed. Forward telephones to answering service at end of each day and remove forwarding from phones each morning.
• Maintain file of backup notes. File in date order on a daily basis, or as needed. Keep prior month's notes available until billing is complete, then can file in storage box.
• Check in Daily Visit Records, verify notes are attached for each visit. Route notes and copies of DVRs to appropriate personnel. Complete on a daily basis.
• Ensure timely receipt of OASIS by tracking patient status and follow-up with field staff.
• Classifies and maintains active inventory of all records.
• Reviews and coordinates record retention storage with departments.
• Schedules and submits changes to department.
• Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• High School diploma or equivalent is required
• Possess at least 2 years of Records Retention Experience
• Minimum work experience six (6) months to one (1) year; preferred Field of Expertise in a Medical Office / Home Care Agency setting
• Required Administrative Typing / Data Entry skills; Input data into computer programs
• Strong communications - verbal and written
• Proficient in operating a copier, fax, shredder, calculator, personal computer
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.