Medical Office Billing Clerk – Intermediate (uthsc3858-cc)
Medical Insurance-Collections | San Antonio, TX | Full Time and Temporary
Medical Office Billing Clerk – Intermediate
San Antonio TX
We are currently accepting applications for a full-time-contract Medical Office Billing Clerk (Intermediate) Customer Service to work at our client site located in San Antonio TX. This is an excellent opportunity to join a collegian environment and work closely with experienced practitioners to educate and inspire future healthcare staff.
Perform light insurance billing functions, reviews and runs reports to ensure timely filing. Posting transactions, answer patient incoming calls and assist biller with adjustment entries. Coordinate with insurance companies to help complete transactions. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma
- Proficient computer skills in applicable MS Office Programs.
- Experience with medical records, billing/posting and medical terminology required
- Experience in Electronic Medical records required and EPIC software and Peoplesoft preferred
POSITION ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs any combination of routine calculating, posting and verifying Patient’s primary insurance data for use in preparing statements to patients' insurance carriers.
- May prepare notices to patients of amount expected (or received) from insurance and amount expected from patient
- Requires continuous use of technical and business vocabulary and detailed knowledge of organizational operations, procedures and staff.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.