MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN 7200C
Health Care | San Antonio, TX | Full Time
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
An established and successful Texas based Workforce Solutions Company is accepting applications for a full time MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN to service our military and their families in Montana. The opportunity allows for a great work/life balance with a 40/hour work week Monday-Friday 7:30 to 4:30 schedule. Also, a great opportunity to gain valuable work experience while earning a competitive salary.
- Perform clinical laboratory tests in any one or a combination of areas as described in following sections of the laboratory: Hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, immunology, blood bank, and blood donor center
- Calculate test results and measure prescribed quantities of samples during tests
- Notice pertinent morphology/staining details of specimens under microscopic examination
- Perform a wide variety of laboratory tests either manually or using automated instrumentation
- Evaluate quality control information against measurable criteria in the performance of laboratory tests
- Perform precise and accurate laboratory testing according to established laboratory procedures
- Receive written requisitions from health care providers for routine and special laboratory tests
- Set up and adjust laboratory equipment and apparatus
- Obtain laboratory specimens directly from patients by venipuncture, instruct patient and staff on proper specimen collection
- Additional job functions as described in the Position Description provided to interested candidates for their review.
- Graduation from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Certiﬁcation as a Medical Laboratory Technician by the American Society of Clinical
- Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT), or state licensure as a medical laboratory technician