Medical Customer Service Specialist (5511)
Billing Specialist | Downers Grove, IL | Contract
Medical Customer Service Specialist
Work Location: Downers Grove, IL
InGenesis is currently seeking a Customer Service Specialist to work within the medical industry. In this role, you will service the needs of patients by verifying insurance coverage and perform administrative activities associated with maintenance of medical documentation and medical records.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Answer questions from customers, clerical staff, insurance companies, and physician offices.
• Make outbound calls to obtain appropriate order documentation.
• Verify customer benefits via phone, fax, and web portal.
• Review and approve documentation received by third parties, for submission to payors.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree, preferred.
• Experience: 1+ year experience in Medical Industry, specifically working with claims (ICD-9 and ICD-10).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.