Medical Assistant Specialist (3576)
Certified Medical Assistant | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Medical Assistant Specialist
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
InGenesis seeks a Medical Assistant Specialist responsible for performing a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions in an outpatient clinical settings. Position may assist with clinical and laboratory procedures, maintain equipment, provide direct patient care, and administer common medications according to unit guidelines and providers' orders. May support the documentation of patients as dictated by the physician or provider.
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions (including but not limited to)
• Intake patients by obtaining vital signs, weight, etc.
• Obtain history, chief complaint, medications, allergies, EKG, etc. and document appropriately in the Electronic medical record.
• Report all pertinent findings to Physicians.
• Manage patient’s appointments according to the doctor’s schedules and protocols.
• Triage calls, medications/refills and facilitate patient needs, and document all communication into the EMR system.
• Answer messages from patients by clinic policy.
• Handle all medication refills or request via clinic policy.
• Prepare charts as necessary for next scheduled clinic, provide physician with all necessary test results, lab results and medical records as requested.
• Communicate all necessary patient information to physician in a timely manner.
• Handle and answer external as well as internal phone calls and assist in department call center transferring calls to the appropriate departments.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and graduation from a Medical Assistant program required.
• Certification for Medical Assistant preferred.
• Three (3) years’ experience as a Medical Assistant is required.
• Urology experience preferred.
• Bilingual preferred
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.